Professional copywriting position in which I can utilize my writing skills in persuasion, creativity and clear concise communication along with my aptitude for relationship development and my attention to detail and organization to build successful client relationships while enabling individuals and companies to reach their marketing goals.
Highly motivated, outgoing professional with a broad background in working with people of all ages, ability levels, economic and ethnic backgrounds. Take direction easily and learn quickly, yet am comfortable managing others as well. Accustomed to handling confidential documents. Diplomatic and tactful when working with individuals regarding personal and sensitive concerns. Maintain detailed notes and produce accurate and timely reports.
Calm and confident – able to remain poised in a pressure situation with a sense of humor that relieves tension in others. Excellent team-building skills. Extremely patient when instructing others in unfamiliar, complex issues.
Creative – adept at working outside the box. Enjoy brainstorming new and better ways to increase efficiency and productivity. Constantly asking why not?
Skills Summary __________________________________________________
Professional Experience ___________________________________________
- Wrote monthly fund-raising copy for a non-profit Christian organization over a twelve year period.
- Customer Service/Marketing/Problem SolvingDesigned the training materials and delivered a series of classes for employees and volunteers conveying methodology and training techniques for dealing with clientele.
- Conducted group sessions reporting on the history, methodology and success of the business.
- Communicated complex concepts to students using layman’s terms to facilitate understanding.
- Developed and produced radio ads for a live call-in radio program called Steps of Faith.
- Currently produce a monthly e-news magazine called Chocolate Tidings.
- Oversaw front-office operations and provided impeccable customer service for a Fortune 500 corporate office for nine years.
- Launched a successful private counseling practice.
- Created special promotions, designed/wrote print advertising.
- Developed relationships in the business community to attract advertising for my business
- Responsible for all fundraising for two non-profit organizations
- Wrote successful grant proposals.
- Organized donor banquets
- Developed additional fund raising activities.
DETAIL MASTERY & Organization
- Managed all aspects of Christian Counseling practice as owner and therapist.
- Facility rental/maintenance.
- Client Scheduling
- Finances: accounts payable/receivable, invoicing, payroll, budgeting.
- Maintained HIPPA regulations relating to confidential records and sensitive materials.
- Administered all finances and directed daily operations for two Christian non-profit ministries.
- Developed relationships with teens, parents, teachers, volunteers and financial supporters.
- Finances: accounts payable/receivable, budgeting, payroll, annual audit.
- Trained, scheduled and supervised volunteers.
- Supervised the security staff for a 24 hour per day, seven days per week five site RIDC operation.
- Required interviewing, hiring and firing of officers.
- Scheduled a total of twenty four security officers on an ongoing basis.
- Tracked hours, overtime, vacations and sick leave.
- Found replacements for call-offs day and night.
Employment History _____________________________________________
Insurance sales – Pittsburgh, PA 2012 – 2016
Group Home Healthcare –Pittsburgh, PA 2010 – 2013
Security Industry – Pittsburgh, PA 2001-2010
Christian Non-Profit Administration – Pittsburgh & Punxsutawney, PA
Marriage and Family Therapist – Pittsburgh, PA 1984 – 1990
Elementary and Secondary Education – Muskegon, MI and Pittsburgh, PA 1978 – 1985
Michigan State University – East Lansing, Michigan
Masters of Educational Counseling Degree, 1977
Grove City College – Grove City, PA
Bachelors Degree in Sociology and Education, 1976
COMPLETED LICENSING COURSES IN:
- Life and Health Insurance – Kaplan Financial Education
- Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts – Series 6 – Kaplan Financial Education
- Uniform Securities – Series 63 – Kaplan Financial Education
- Secrets of Writing for the Christian Market – Joshua T. Boswell through AWAI
- Ten Minute Workday – Ben Settle through AWAI
- Copywriting Academy – Ray Edwards through AWAI
- Prospect or Perish – American College (for the LUTC credential)
- Estate Planning – American College (for the LUTC credential)
- Financial Accounting – Community College of Allegheny County
- Managerial Accounting – Community College of Allegheny County
- Computer Basics – Community College of Allegheny County
- Microsoft Excel – Community College of Allegheny County
COMPLETED SEMINARS IN:
- Grant Proposal Writing – PNC Bank, Pittsburgh, PA
- Church Administration – Union Theological Seminary, Richmond, VA
- Managing People – YFC-USA, Colorado Springs, CO
- Managing Programs – YFC-USA, Colorado Springs, CO